Monday, September 3, 2012

Tokiio's Thoughts : 9/3/12


9/3/12

Tokiio's Thoughts : Soo, I want to hear everyone's opinion . . . What do people think about the younger girls in the scene? The 15-18 year olds that are highly involved in the scene. Do you think they should be involved in the first place? Do you think that people don't really count them? Because They come out to balls, knowing that they have school, or certain things or circumstances to go back to after its all over. Considering that, thats why the Ki Ki scene was made. Most places i've heard or seen, dont really have a major kiki scene, or functions that are earlier, for the younger girls interested to attend. Thats why i took the initive in my city. I threw my very first kiki ball, at our city's gay & lesbian community center. I'm 17. For most of you who dont know. a 6-9 pm function so that they younger girls, and older girls can come out and play together.  Giving a community setting to this ballroom scene. That function made me a leader in the Youth LGBT community, as well as a innovator in the ballroom scene. I just feel strongly, that because of the number of younger girls in the scene, something should be done. More early functions, maybe a kiki scene coming out more often, or a forum, or group to encourage the younger ones to do more with life. Focus on being a leader, while still being involved. Anyone share a similar View???

BTW : If you havent seen the videos from my function, and you havent seen me in action or anything . . The video of my interview, and the LSS of my kiki ball is below! Enjoy!

xoxox
Tokiio MikiMoto Infiniti <3


No comments:

Post a Comment